Diamond Jubilee Hall History
The construction of the Victoria Diamond Jubilee Hall started on 31st December 1897 when the foundation stone was laid and the hall was complete in 1898 and was opened in November 1898 with a grand concert November 1898. Major Randell Jackson who payed 50% of the original hall cost and the other was raised by the people in the village.
The hall was in community hands until 1931 where the last member of the hall committee , where it was then handed over to the local parish council to run on behalf of the inhabitants of the village. Then to Dingwall and District, Ross and Cromarty District Council, Highland Regional Council and then Highland Council. In 2011 the hall transferred from the Highland Council to Kiltearn Community Council.
To this day the hall has continued to it original purpose as a meeting place for the people of Evanton.